My interview with John Sarno about mindbody disorders like back pain, shoulder pain, etc
You just have to click on the link below to watch the video:
Things I learned from John Sarno:
1) I create chronic pain and other physical symptoms to avoid facing my emotional pain.
2) To be aware of that, every day, every moment, is the first step to alleviate my chronic pain.
3) Throughout my whole life, I filled up my unconscious reservoir of rage, resentment, fear, insecurity, shame, feeding an emotional pain that my conscious mind tries to escape from, at all costs, to the point of creating "diseases".
4) New problems and stress can make this reservoir overflow.
5) I can change my attitude towards life and stop filling that reservoir.
6) To accept pain as natural and human, instead of fighting against it - or anesthetizing it - allows it to gradually go away.
7) It's useless to treat the physical symptoms with drugs, physical therapy, surgery, pain clinics, because my mind will keep creating new symptoms.
8) Accepting myself as I am, knowing myself better, sharing with others my deep emotions is the way.
9) Eating well, exercising, stopping self-destructive habits like alcohol and drug abuse, smoking: chosing health. No more sickness.
10) Being grateful to be alive, helping others whenever possible, asking God for serenity to accept the things I cannot change and courage to change the things I can.